- This event has passed.
Retirement Symposium for David Lerner
September 20, 2016
Protecting our water Environment. Professor David Lerner is retiring and as a celebration of his academic career, the Department of Civil and Structural Engineering at The University of Sheffield, UK are holding a symposium: ‘Protecting our Water Environment’ on Tuesday 20th September in The Diamond. The symposium will be part of the Department’s Centenary celebrations, celebrating 100 years of Civil & Structural Engineering. The symposium will be chaired by Professor Bob Harris and speakers will include:
- Dr Chunmio Zheng – Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China
- Prof Mario Schirmer – EAWAG, Switzerland
- Dr Mike Rivett – University of Birmingham, UK
- Dr Liz Sharp – The University of Sheffield, UK
- Prof Steve Thornton – The University of Sheffield, UK
- Prof Simon Bottrell – University of Leeds, UK
- Dr Domenico Bau – The Unviersity of Sheffield, UK
- Dr Owen Fenton – Teagasc, Environmental Research Centre, Ireland
- Prof David Lerner – The University of Sheffield, UK
We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday 20th September to celebrate David’s academic career, and showcase past, present and future research undertaken by the Groundwater Protection and Restoration Group at Sheffield.
IAH is actively involved with programs that provide a valuable forum for scientists and engineers who have a broad interest in global perspectives on groundwater resources and hydrogeological issues.
The USNC is affiliated with the National Ground Water Association (NGWA) and the Geological Society of America (GSA), as these organizations also have international groundwater science interests. The USNC holds meetings at annual events of these other organizations to encourage networking among USNC members and others who are interested in promoting international cooperation among hydrogeologists and others with an interest in groundwater. The USNC meets in the spring at the NGWA Ground Water Summit and in the fall at the GSA Annual Conference.
Check the USNC newsletter for meeting day and time announcements. Alternatively, check the onsite conference program or contact Jim Lamoreaux, Chair, at email@example.com for meeting information.
IAH Events and USNC Events and/or Co-Sponsored Meetings
IAH is the organizer or a co-sponsor, or supporter for the following programs (these are just a few of the programs):